Friday, March 8, 2013

Blog #2 Design

I chose to make my blog primarily blue because I want to set a more "peaceful and calming mood". Blue is not only my favorite color, but it also was said to "soothe illnesses and treat pain" in the past. I want my blog to be welcoming and calming to others. I avoided the color red because I don't want an "unwelcoming sense of passion or anger" and I also avoided yellow because I don't want people to be anxious while reading my blog, I want them to feel relaxed and at ease, without stress.

I specifically chose my text and font choices because "font choices alone can set the mood, although some are considered 'moodless'". I chose to use two more simple types of fonts only because the more different the font sizes and styles are "can create a sense of intrigue or chaos" and I wanted to avoid causing any chaos while blogging. I also chose to use a more script/cursive font for the majority of the blog because it "creates a feminine mood and targets women". I am a woman and found the font pretty and neat and I wanted to ensure other women will as well while reading my blogs because women pay more attention to the detail than men.

No comments:

Post a Comment